Men's Hlth @ Sunny Coast Qld
One day workshop combining lecture and practical content on men's pelvic health physiotherapy. Covering the anatomy/physiology of the system, clinical assessment and treatment for urinary incontinence, prostatectomy rehab, pelvic pain, erectile dysfunction and more.
Course Leader: A/Prof Craig Allingham
Saturday September 18th, 2021
Sunshine Coast, Australia
8.30am - 4.30pm
- Understand how male clients receive and transmit health related information and how to improve effective transfer from therapist to client.
- Describe the normal anatomy and function of the male urogenitary system
- Understand prostate gland disease, diagnosis, treatment pathways, side effects and the role of physiotherapy in retraining continence and general fitness
- Learn to clinically evaluate pelvic floor muscle function or dysfunction from the clinical interview and physical examination
- Deliver an effective pre- and post-prostatectomy rehabilitation program for men undergoing surgery for prostate cancer
- Perform physical assessment for mechanical origins of male pelvic pain and appropriate mechanical treatment options (manual therapy and exercise)
- Describe the common causes of erectile dysfunction and how physiotherapy can help in its own right and as part of a multi-disciplinary approach
- Reflect on the effective delivery of men's pelvic health in their own practice or department
Course Fee includes extensive course workbook, discounts on Craig's prostate books, morning and afternoon refreshments, and certificate of attendance.
This Course has been hosted by the APA elsewhere and meets with their course accreditation requirements for currency, evidence based content and quality of teaching.