This recording (in two parts) of my recent one day online workshop combining lecture and practical content on men's pelvic health physiotherapy. Covering the anatomy/physiology of the system, clinical assessment and treatment for urinary incontinence, prostatectomy rehab, pelvic pain, erectile dysfunction and more. Teaching strategies include lectures, video segments and practical activities at your terminal.
Course Leader: A/Prof Craig Allingham
Men's Health, Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist
Recorded: October 9th, 2021
Once purchased, you will receive a workbook and personal links to the recorded sessions for four weeks.
Ideal self-paced learning for busy professionals.
Session One - 3 hours
Session Two - 3.5 hours
- Understand how male clients receive and transmit health related information and how to improve effective transfer from therapist to client.
- Describe the normal anatomy and function of the male urogenitary system
- Understand prostate gland disease, diagnosis, treatment pathways, side effects and the role of physiotherapy in retraining continence and general fitness
- Learn to clinically evaluate pelvic floor muscle function or dysfunction from the clinical interview and physical examination
- Deliver an effective pre- and post-prostatectomy rehabilitation program for men undergoing surgery for prostate cancer
- Perform physical assessment for mechanical origins of male pelvic pain and appropriate mechanical treatment options (manual therapy and exercise)
- Describe the common causes of erectile dysfunction and how physiotherapy can help in its own right and as part of a multi-disciplinary approach
- Reflect on the effective delivery of men's pelvic health in their own practice or department
This Course has been hosted by the APA elsewhere and meets with their course accreditation requirements for currency, evidence based content and quality of teaching.